Monday, March 18, 2013

No More Excuses

I can't even tell you how many times I've gotten emails, Facebook messages, or phone calls from friends asking the same questions.  "How can you afford to travel like this?"  "Aren't you worried that you are losing your career prospects by being away so often?"  "Aren't you scared?" "So many bad things could happen out there."  "Wait, don't you have a boyfriend?  Won't he break up with you?"  And so on...

Before I started this blog, I knew that I wanted to address these questions, as well as a number of others I've been asked.  I wanted to quell the fears of friends and family as well as convince others that they can do the exact same thing I'm doing.  It's not hard, it's not always scary, and no...it's not that expensive if you do it right.

The other day, I came across a fantastic post from Liz of Young Adventuress and just about whooped with joy.  I felt like I was reading my own words (crudeness and all)...all of the things I've been wanting to say to others for the last few years.

So today, I wanted to share Liz's thoughts with you in hopes that someone out there might feel that twinge of inspiration to shuck the fear of just going for it.  Throw the excuses away friends, because life is so much richer once you do.

Without further ado...the best post I've read on the subject in a long time.

No More Excuses! Go Abroad Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment